This kicked-up grilled cheese is everything your taste buds crave. Crunchy outside, chewy inside, with sweet onions, toasted garlic, and a tangy twist. Minimal effort, maximum flavor.
I whipped this up in just 15 minutes for a decadent dinner for one. Next time I have a back yard dinner party, I will try making it as an hors d'oeuvre!
Yield: 1 Sandwich (you’ll want 2 if you’re hungry!)
- 1 Pacha Simple Sourdough Buckwheat Bun
- 1 fistful curly leaf spinach
- ⅛ large white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado oil
- 2 slices parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Mayonnaise
- Slice Pacha Bun in half. If the top is slightly domed, you can slice the rounded part off so it’s level. (Pre-dinner snack 😜)
Peel and mince garlic, rough chop spinach, and julienne slice onion
- Bring a small sauté pan to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add 1-2 tsp avocado oil and quickly add the onions. They will start to carmelize. Once they are nearly translucent, add minced garlic and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
Place the sliced Pacha bun INSIDES DOWN on a medium pan. You may want to drizzle with avo oil first. Bring the pan to medium heat. *This can be done while you’re cooking your veggies!*
- Once veggies are cooked and the buns’ insides have warmed, brush the outsides with Avo oil. Put them back onto the pan, place the cheese slices on top, and cover the pan to help the cheese melt. Cook on medium heat until the cheese is mostly melted and the buns are a crispy golden brown.
- Remove the buns from the pan, spread the side without cheese generously with Avocado Mayo, add your wilted spinach and onions, and stack the halves together.
- Pull apart and enjoy!